Mercury Retrograde is a cosmic alarm clock, a built-in system that forces us to slow down, check-in, reevaluate and re-plan. Sure, in an increasing age and time when we are distracted by computers, phones, movies and emails, Mercury seems to halt this so that we are able to remove ourselves from these distractions and meditate and reflect on the things that need our inner attention. But in a world that has high expectations of emails, deadlines and instant communication, this can be an unwelcome and frustrating experience. I recommend not procrastinating and giving yourself extra time, extra time for travel, for communication for projects for deadlines, for information and for yourself to slow down and be still.
Dates for the 2013 Mercury Retrograde Cycle
- February 23 - March 17 (in Pisces)
- June 26 - July 20 (in Cancer)
- October 21 - November 10 (in Scorpio)
- Listen to episode 1.15-Hermes Hindrance: Mercury Retrograde for more information on how to navigate this phenomenon.
- Listen to episode 3.02-Astrological Forecast 2013 (wsg. Allison Fox) for more information Mercury Retrograde in water signs, and for the astrological weather of the year.
- Witch's Forge has a blog article titled 'Dealing with Mercury Retrograde' on how to remediate.